Changing demographics and new technologies are shifting demand across the CRE industry, creating a greater need for certain product types, while others face functional or economic obsolescence. Investors and developers are increasingly looking at adaptive reuse of existing buildings as an enticing option to leverage the opportunities this presents. But, converting the use of an existing property also brings unique challenges, and understanding the risks, limitations and costs is critical in assessing a project’s viability and carrying it through to successful completion. In this dynamic discussion, panelists address a range of critical questions and considerations, including:
- How are market trends changing the highest-and-best use of assets in urban areas?
- Is your proposed project financially and functionally feasible?
- Will zoning or code restrictions limit what you can do with the building?
- What technology and efficiency upgrades should you invest in to obtain the greatest ROI?
- How can you minimize risk and save costs in the design?
This webinar is a must-watch for any investor, developer or lender looking at leveraging opportunities offered by adaptive reuse projects!